It’s the little things, and paying attention to the details, that makes the difference –
- Wire cloth is not sheet metal! It is not solid. It is made of individual wires running in different directions with spaces between them. Wire Cloth behaves like cloth – it moves, wrinkles, and stretches – it’s not rigid.
- Different applications require different approaches – in some a tack welded seam will work while others require a continuous weld.
- When using a two ply construction, is the coarse mesh seam smooth and burr free? If not, it could cause the fine mesh to fail prematurely.
- Do the seams line up?
- Are the seams straight?
- Is the wire cloth taut or is it loose and wrinkled?
- Is the construction adequately supported?